The Herts Tennis Youth Group held its inaugural meeting on the 26th of June 2017 at Harpenden Tennis Club. The event saw participants join Harpenden coach David Lawlor for fun and games on court followed by a pizza supper.
The aim of the group is to reach those 16 – 25 year olds who feel they could make a difference to our volunteering team and who would like to join us in developing a plan to have more people of the same age group playing tennis more often.
If you are aged between 16 -25 and find yourself asking question like these then this group could be for you.
- How do I find a club to join, or people to play tennis with?
- Are there any social tennis events?
- I’d like to play for a team, what events can I play in?
- Are there any social media groups to keep in touch with my tennis friends from other clubs/colleges/schools?
- I’m doing my D of E awards, how can tennis be part of this?
- I’d like to do some tennis coaching, how do I get qualified?
- I’m interested in helping run tournaments, how can I get involved?
For further information on the group and future events please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org